Friday, March 20, 2009

DRAKE...to save Music!




What can I say….AMAZING! Being a product of the TV generation…I’ve got to say I was a major fan of Degrassi and an even bigger fan of Aubry. His character Jimmy was honestly apart of my 14 year old adolescent fantasies! I was so hurt when they put im in a wheel chair…but I’ve got to say it made me feel much better that faithful night my friend put on his music…I’m not sure if it was because he was on multiple tracks with the greatest rapper alive or whether it was because he was truly holding his own with lil Wayne on the track (IDK if its jus meet but Wayne has this ability to shit all over everyone on any song he is featured on). I am in love with everything about him right now! It turns me on that he used to be on Degrassi but he is not using that as a cruch like so many tv kids do or did. Its like…he jumped out of the closet like a fuckin monster! HAHAHA! But his swag when he raps is as fluid as water…which amazes me further! Lyrically speaking its sooo funny to me that rappers now-a-days (well successful ones) don’t rap about how shity their life is or how shity it used to be, and the drugs they had to slang jus to make it out the hood. But for me one of the many great parts about this kid is his ability to rap about havin money, the fly ass chicks he gets to bang b/c hes him, and he has this ability to connect with the listener and actually make them feel and understand that things are not always easy and its okay to work for the things you want. He’s gonna be great…im thinking its his destiny. I guess id blame my misconceptions about tv kids turn rappers on Nick Cannons wackiness…but Drake has saved my day! He has come flying in like a rap super hero to save my America from the foney rappers trying to take over. I hope to see where he goes and I’d love to watch him take his place with the gratest who still believe in good music!

Check out his blog! http://www.OctoberVeryOwn.net

No comments:

Post a Comment